McCrae Training deliver Modern Apprenticeships throughout Scotland covering Water and Waste-Water Networks, Treatment and Design, and The Water Process Technician Apprenticeship Standards in England as approved training provider on the RoATP (Register of Approved Training Providers).
As an approved Training Provider with SDS (Skills Development Scotland) we offer Modern Apprenticeships for your current and new staff which covers all age categories.
The benefits of a Modern Apprenticeship are your staff learn on the job, gaining the required practical knowledge and experience, whilst being trained, assessed and developed by our team of Water Industry Trainers & Assessors.
Modern Apprenticeships are partially funded via a Scottish Government contribution towards training and assessment. The higher the volume of Apprentices commencing the Apprenticeships the lower the costs.
Funding is administered, controlled and issued by SDS (Skills Development Scotland) in Scotland, and SFA (Skills Funding Agency) in England (refer to attached list of Water Process Technician Pathways available in England under the Standards for Apprenticeship Levy paying employers).
There are many different Apprenticeship pathways that can be followed and are designed to suit the areas employers and their staff are operating within the Water / Waste-Water Sectors.
The Scottish Modern Apprenticeships are listed below with some of them being a requirement under the Lloyds Register WIRS (Water Industry Registration Scheme) Programme for Utility Connection Providers.
Water Distribution and Self Lay / Main Laying & Service Laying Modern Apprenticeships
• Network Construction Operations (Water) Level 2 SVQ for Operatives (Main Laying) – WIRS
• Network Construction Operations (Water) Level 2 SVQ for Operatives (Service Laying) -WIRS
• Network Construction Operations (Water) Level 3 for Project Managers – WIRS
Water Distribution Network Design Modern Apprenticeships
• Designing Water Distribution Networks Level 3 SVQ for Designers – WIRS
Waste Water Networks Modern Apprenticeships
• Sewerage & Drainage Level 2 Operative Diploma in CCTV Surveys of Sewer Network for CCTV Operatives
• Sewerage & Drainage Level 2 Operative Diploma in High-Pressure Water Jetting of Sewer Network for Jetting Operatives
• Sewerage & Drainage Level 2 Operative Diploma in Repair & Maintenance of Sewer Network for Civils Operatives
Leak Detection & Control Modern Apprenticeships
• Leakage Detection Level 2 SVQ for Trainee Leakage Operatives
• Leakage Control Level 3 SVQ for Trainee Leakage Technicians
Water & Waste Water Treatment Modern Apprenticeships
• Controlling Process Operations (Waste Water Treatment) Level 3 SVQ for Treatment Operatives
• Controlling Process Operations (Water Treatment) Level 3 SVQ for Treatment Operatives